What is it with people these days?Why do we have to vandalise things.Of course not all of us , but some people in Society seem to think that everything that is standing around and is in a public place is fair game for a kicking.
Why am I writing about this?Well I have been on some scouting missions around the Northeast and found several Public charging points not working.I wanted to find out where my wife could charge her Citrien C-Zero on shopping trips in and around Co. Durham and Teesside as this car has only a max range of 50-60 miles.
So what did I find:
- Sainsbury chargers in Sedgefield and Durham not working.Newton Aycliffe charging points in Town Centre removed ( because of constant vandalism-saw them stripped and rundown before being removed).Charging point at Thinford Living Building only to be used for visitors and Employees and it was blocked by a non charging Mitsubishi OUTLANDER PHEV.However the former Sedgefield District council building car park has a charging point that is accessible but AGAIN one of them is broken.
- Durham Services 50Kw (50 miles/ hour)charger is in full working condition and used a lot.
- Stockton High Street great 50Kw fast charger and working.Used a lot but great for shopping.
- Spennymoor Green Lane council offices.7 kW and only does 20 miles an hour but one side is working.
- Used ZAP Map and found postings of users and zap admin very helpful and accurate to give me the state of Public Charging points.
- You still need RFID cards from Podpoint, ecotricity and CYC to get around the public charging points.
- Most of them are free and it’s like an adventure to find out about these charging points.
Stockton High Street Fast Charger